About a week ago, the lovely and hilarious Ashley over at Miles on Oats posted this survey and I IMMEDIATELY copped it. With work being busy, I knew I would need some easy peasy blog posts and this definitely delivered! Read on to find out 39 random facts about me!
1. Were you named after anyone? I am named after my mom’s grandma Catherine and my dad’s grandma Rose. Grandma Kitty (Catherine) was known for her cooking (she was born in Italy and has passed down some awesome recipes!) and everyone in my dad’s family has nothing but amazing things to say about my great grandma Rose. I am never called Katherine, but everyone in my dad’s family calls me Katie Rose
2. When was the last time you cried? I actually don’t remember! I did almost cry laughing the other day when I read a hilarious message I got on Tinder out loud… Bahahaha.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Actually, I do! However, I’m left handed and it’s usually pretty sloppy.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I’m not really big on lunch meat, but if I had to choose I’d go with turkey. Typical “healthy” option right? Though I don’t mind the occasional salami/saucisson/prosciutto! With some cheez, please!
5. Do you have kids? I have
12 10 9 goldfish. The struggle to keep them alive is real. Some days, I’m not even sure how I keep myself alive. What I’m saying is…I’m not quite ready for that stage in my life yet
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Absolutely. I actually think it’s an acceptable goal in life to be the kind of person you’d want to be friends with. Self love is important.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Actually not a ton! Of course the only time I do is inevitably via text message, where it’s super hard to convey!
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep.
9. Would you bungee jump? Probably. I definitely want to go sky diving…But for some reason, bungee jumping feels scarier to me. Apparently, I have more trust in a parachute than an elastic band!
10. What is your favorite cereal? I actually can’t remember the last time I had cereal! If I had to go to the grocery store and pick out a box, it would probably be either Honey Nut Cheerios or some kind of granola clusters. I am so boring and adult now!
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I try to! Mostly because I always regret it later when I go to put them on and I’m like “awww damnit I don’t have time to untie and retie these suckers!!” I wear a lot of boots/heels though, which conveniently either don’t have laces, or have zippers instead
12. Do you think you are strong? Whoa, loaded question. I used to be literally strong, but I have swapped my weight training for half marathon training. Different kind of strength, I guess? Figuratively speaking…the last 1-2 years of my life have been extremely trying. Starting with summer 2012: 2 broken bones, the passing of my grandpa, health/digestive/anxiety issues, ending a long term relationship, losing my job… Getting through all of that has definitely made me stronger.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Basically anything with fudge swirls or chocolate covered anything inside of it. PB cups? Even better!
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? Usually their smile! And whether or not they have Bitchy Resting Face.
15. Red or pink? Purple <– I’m sticking with Ashley’s answer here! I am a purple lover all the way. I wouldn’t let my mom buy me pink clothes as a kid.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Is this like in job interviews where you’re supposed to say that your biggest weakness is that you work too hard? Haha. I’m really not sure.. I try not to think about what I don’t like about myself. I guess one thing I’ve been trying to work on is not overindulging too much, and thinking through the consequences of things before just doing something for kicks & giggles.
17. Any tattoos? No but I’ve always wanted to get a quote from Le Petit Prince in French… It would look somethin like this:
18. Do you have any hobbies? Um, I’m pretty sure this blog counts! Otherwise, I spend my free time watching TV, practicing the piano/keyboard, reading Women’s Health & Cooking Light (lol), and of course running and playing dodgeball!
19. What color shoes are you wearing? Black socks!
20. What was the last thing you ate? A bunch of Valentines chocolate after dinner… Oops
21. What are you listening to right now? My ‘recently added’ playlist, which consists mostly of Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, and Bruno Mars…I have no shame.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue or green! Those are my colooooors.
23. Favorite smells? The smell of onions and garlic sauteing. Coffee. After-the-rain smell. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh (too bad I’m too cheap to buy real perfume!). Men’s cologne.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My friend Roger and I had a few late night phone convos this weekend — he’s the only person I know who still prefers talking on the phone to texting!
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? I love both, but I’ve gotta go with beach house! 4 years of college in Santa Barbara made me a lifelong beach junkie!
26. Favorite sport to watch? I love watching basketball. I also love the Olympics and World Cup!
27. Hair color? Blonde through and through! I’ve always been terrified to dye my hair and lose my natural color.
28. Eye colors? Colors? More than one? Haha…They are [both] blue, sometimes they look grey.
29. Do you wear contacts? Nope. I always joke that I have super human eyesight…20/20 and I can read signs from dozens of yards away. Watching people touch their eyes and put on their contacts actually seriously irks me!
30. Scary movies or happy endings? Depends on my mood, but usually happy endings.
31. Last movie you watched? Le fabuleux destin d’Amelie Poulain…. AKA Amelie
32. What color shirt are you wearing? White tank top, and a new grey zip up that I splurged on when I went crazy at Target this weekend ;P
33. Summer or winter? Summer, summer, SUMMER! I am a sun baby all the way.
34. Hugs or kisses? Both are great, but I am a serious sucker for a good smackeroo.
35. Computer or television? Being that I spend most of my time on the computer and don’t own a TV…Take a guess!
36. What book are you reading right now? I started “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed at least 6 months ago…I only get time to read one chapter at a time maybe once a week, so I’m only halfway through…but it’s quite good!
37. What’s on your mouse pad? Nada
38. What color is your house? Good question! I think it’s like tan with orange-ish trim…You’d think I’d know this since I see it every day. Haha
39. What color is your car? I don’t have one, but I do have a rad electric blue beach cruiser! It does the job just fine!
Tell me a fun fact about you! Pick a question and answer it in the comments